Smartphone Buying Guide:- Who doesn’t want the latest smartphone? But do you know that latest is always not the best, sometimes a little older is also a good choice.
With excellent new flagships from Apple, Google, Oneplus Xiaomi, Motorola, HTC, Sony, and Samsung all competing for your attention. There are dozens of high-quality smartphones for those on who have a limited budget, but choosing the right smartphone could be a problem for a few people. It’s more likely to be a challenging task. But we’re here to help you.
Our Smartphone Buying Guide is made in a manner which will cover each and everything you need to know before buying a Smartphone, it includes an operating system, screen size, build quality, camera, processor, brand, GPU, RAM, ROM, Battery, Reviews and Rating, and price. Use this advice and analyze to make sure you get the best Mobile phone for your present needs and budget.
11 Things to Consider before buying a Smartphone
There are very important things to consider before buying a smartphone in 2018 as there are many companies which are selling low-quality smartphone and showing that their smartphone is the best through advertisements, promotions, and marketing.For everything, Smartphone Buying Guide is here to help you out.
You should always know about the Processor before purchasing a smartphone, generally, people do not look for the processor for their smartphone they simply buy the smartphone simply by its looks. Be aware of that and never do such mistake. The processor is the only factor responsible for everything in the mobile phone. Choose it according to your needs.
A processor is the most important part of a phone on which everything depends, it is said to be as CPU or brain of a phone. It decides the overall functioning of the of the phone and how fast will it work. It is fully responsible for the speed and performance of the phone without a good processor the phone will not work good and will hang most of the time while using. (Smartphone Buying Guide)
If you’re like to play games on the smartphone then your phone must be GPU centric. The smartphones have the GPU built-in in their processor, so you must check the processor for GPU too. As many processors are made for battery saving so they are not capable of playing games at higher fps due to which game lags a lot.
It said to be a Graphical Processing Unit. It is very important for you if you are a game lover. GPU decides how well your smartphone will handle games. So a gamer should choose a processor according to GPU because generally, they are interconnected to each other in phones a higher quality processor will have higher quality GPU, which can run all the graphic intensive task smoothly and easily in your phones.
It said to be as Random Access Memory. It temporarily stores the information and shows us the result. More and faster the RAM faster the phone will work and multiple application can be run simultaneously. RAM gives the phone a plus point in terms of speed and multiple task handling.
People mostly think that more RAM means more performance but in reality is not so. A phone with a RAM of just 3GB will work as good as a phone with 6GB RAM. According to Smartphone buying guide, RAM of the phone never matters how much fast the phone will work. It is smartphones processor which will decide that how fast your phone will work. Generally, the work of the RAM is to store the memory for a short period of time, up to when you open an app on your phone. After closing the app the RAM automatically frees. (Smartphone Buying Guide)
ROM is said to be as Read Only Memory. It generally used to store content in the phones memory. In other words, it is also said as Internal Memory. According to Smartphone Buying Guide, More the ROM higher the data a user can save on its device. So everything depends on ROM when it comes to storing data.
These days companies are offering phones with two models, higher models, and lower models. The higher model has the larger storage (ROM) and extra RAM whereas Lower models will have less storage with little less RAM. This strategy of smartphone manufacturer is working excellent these days. But the price difference between these smartphones is huge even $200 more for just storage and RAM. Again I am telling that never stuck in this mirage. Check for the extension slot on the phone so that you could increase memory with micro sd card. So you could increase the storage as much as you want according to your need. (Smartphone Buying Guide)
Today trend has been changing people are buying the phone according to the camera. But never confuse in the Mega-pixel of the camera as it never signifies that the Quality will be good. Nowadays companies showcasing that their phones, having a 20mp camera but it never matters. Aperture, image stabilization, focus and lens type matters a lot when buying a smartphone, especially for camera purposes.
One of the most important things to keep in mind is the battery of the smartphone.The battery is also said as the lifeline of a phone. A phone is fully dependent on its battery, as if a smartphone has more battery it will work more hours and if a mobile has less battery then it will work for lesser hours. Generally, phones come with two types of battery that is Li-ion and Li-polymer. Among both the battery the Li-polymer battery is the best as it gives larger battery life almost 30% more and even it long last for years. The only good thing which I found that Li-ion batteries are little cheaper than the Li-polymer battery about 15%. (Smartphone Buying Guide)
It is the ultimate thing on which everything depends and it is software. Yes, my friend software is the key factor which will tell you that how fast your phone will work and how long your battery will go. These days company customize the Android OS in their own way, these customization leads to bugs in the smartphones. So choose the right smartphone with a good software which works fine.
It is a very important element of a phone on which everything depends. A phone with faster RAM or Processor does not necessarily mean that the phone will work fast. It is dependent on the software of the phone because of software controls, manages, and allocate different resources from processor and RAM to the screen of the user. So buyer must have to check the Software on a smartphone before buying it.
According to Smartphone buying guide, it is very important to check the brand before buying a smartphone because these days many Chinese and other companies sell the fake phone which looks identical to original but actually they are fake. It is also important to check brand’s goodwill because many companies sell phones with defected hardware or software. Try to buy those which have a service center in your city. (Smartphone Buying Guide)
It is also important to check the features according to your need as features decide the value for the money. Every phone comes with its own features some companies give special sensors on their phone such as a compass, Infrared, Heartrate sensor, gyroscope with officially built-in apps for them.
So choose the phone which gives most of the features with affordable price and of course which suits you.
10) Build Quality
The phone you are buying should always be checked in terms of build quality. If the build quality will not be good then it will break after some time of uses. Always check that what protection does company provide for protecting its body of the phone. Always choose a smartphone with the protection of Gorilla Glass, Miraj Diamond Glass, Dragon Trail etc. (Smartphone Buying Guide)
11)Review & Ratings
It is very important to check the phones ratings and reviews because some phones last long a few days or months after buying and the company refuses to repair them in some cases so you must check every aspect of the phone and its reviews and ratings given by the users because it helps a lot.
Smartphone buying guide – Tips to keep in Mind
- Android or IOS Things to Understand:- If you want variety in hardware and a large number of apps and games then you must go for the phone with Android. But if you want more security and faster updates of apps then you should go for an IOS.
- Which smartphone to buy:- If you want a phone just for basic purposes like multimedia and calling then you should go for cheaper phones under $300. If you like gaming, shooting 4k videos all the time then you must go for the high-end phones such as iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy S8, Razor Phone which will cost you around $700 and above. If your budget is not so high then you can also go for Oneplus 5T, Xiaomi Mix 2 which you can get around $500.
- Choose the right Screen Size:- Buy a phone with a screen smaller than 5.5 inches if one-hand use is important to you or if you have smaller hands. Get a bigger-screen phone if you like to watch a lot of videos, play games or want to take advantage of the multiwindow mode in Android. Now, most of the phones are coming in 18:9 display orientation like Redmi Note 5, Samsung Galaxy S8.
- Watch for resolution, color, and brightness:- A 4K or 2K screen on a phone is great to have. But also Pay attention to how bright the display is. Today phones are coming in AMOLED which is far more better than LCD as they are more colorful outdoors. The latest phones now also have a high dynamic range (HDR) for displaying even more colors.
- Never focus on camera megapixels:- The camera has become the most important smartphone feature these days. Always Pay attention to specs such as aperture and special features such as dual lenses and optical image stabilization. Even the iPhone x have a 12mp camera and some phones offer the 20mp camera with a little over the price of $250. So never focus on camera megapixels.
- Focus on the processor according to price:- Processor is the main and the most important part of the smartphone. Always buy a phone according to the processor as it is the main factor for battery life. If you want performance for playing next-gen VR and AR games then go for high-end phones like S8. If your budget is low then at least go for a phone with Snapdragon 660 or 670 processor or Mediatek P60 processor.
- Buy phones with at least 32GB internal storage and 2GB RAM:- If you buy Phones with 16GB internal storage you will not get satisfied as you can not more games and apps in that storage. At least go for 32GB of phone memory or above. Look for microSD card slot too for expanding storage, Nowadays many phones do not have an SD card slot.
Smartphone Buying Guide:- It is very important to choose the smartphone very crucially as it is the main source of our portable entertainment. We should always buy a smartphone after a long analysis and comparison as given in Smartphone buying guide. Today many small startups are also offering great phone you could also try them but go for their reviews and ratings first.
- Never ever buy refurbished or repaired phones because there are more chances that they will stop working after a certain period of time.
- Be aware of the fake phone as these days many Chinese phones are in the market which looks identical to that of the original.
- Always keep phone covered with covers and tempered glass as they will protect your phone when fallen uncertainly.
- Buy the phone from the well-reputed store as this will give you original and warranty proof phone.
- Check the phone in terms of everything (hardware, software, specs, features, build quality) then only buy the phone.
What are your views on Smartphone buying guide? Also, tell me your favorite smartphone. And for any query comment in the comment section down below.